Friday, December 7, 2012

The End of the World as We Know It

No, I'm not talking about the upcoming jump off the financial cliff. 

We are just about a week into Advent.  We are looking towards the coming of the Christ -in Christmas as a babe and in a broader sense.  Christ will come again and it will be the end of this world.  You (and maybe I) might be there when Jesus comes as the triumphant King.  More likely, the end of this life will be in death.  It is simply the end of this life.  As a Catholic, I believe there are four things that I should keep in the back of my mind - the last four things.  These are Death, Judgement, Heaven, and Hell.  All of us will die.  All of us will face a judgement.  Will we see heaven or will we see hell?  Each moment on this earth affords us a choice. 

Use this time of Advent well - prepare yourself to meet the King.   Audio Sancto has some beautiful sermons on the last four things and specifically for Advent.

No comments:

Post a Comment